Site Allocations DPD Examination
The Council submitted the Site Allocations DPD and its supporting documents to the Secretary of State for the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government on 31 July 2019. Further details are on the Submission page. The documents are now undergoing examination to consider the soundess of the Site Allocations DPD.
Latest News and Information
Published on 19 July 2021: Two documents have been added to the Examination library below - the Council's response to the summary of main issues received during the Main Modifications Consultation (document reference WBC/SA/057 dated February 2021); and the Council's Schedule of Proposed Further Modifications to the Regulation 19 consultation document arising from the Main Modifications Consultation (document reference WBC/SA/058 dated June 2021). The Inspector is currently taking this information (along with the representations) into account before submitting his final report to the Council.
Published on 29 March 2021: In accordance with the Planning Act and Regulations, Woking Borough Council submitted all representations received on the main modifications to the Development Plan Document (DPD) to the Inspector on 12 March 2021. Further details are available here. Redacted copies of the representations can be viewed here.
Published on 24 December 2020: Consultation on the Main Modifications to the SADPD closed on 14 December and officers are now processing the responses to the consultation.
Published 16 November 2020: Due to the national lockdown and associated restrictions, the deadline for submitting representations for the Main Modifications consultation has been extended to 5pm on Monday 14 December 2020. Full details can be found on the consultation website here.
Published 18 September 2020: A Schedule of Proposed Main Modifications to the Site Allocations DPD has been produced - a series of changes to the DPD which the Inspector recommends in the interests of soundness. A public consultation on the Schedule of Main Modifications and accompanying documents runs from Friday 18 September to 5pm on Monday 16 November [NOW EXTENDED TO 5PM ON MONDAY 14 DECEMBER]. Full details can be found on the consultation website here.
Published on the 29 March 2020: The Council's response to the representations received during consultation on the Annual Monitoring Report is published below as document reference WBC/SA/054.
Published on the 23 March 2020: The Planning Inspectorate has published advice relating to local plan examinations in light of the Covid-19 situation, please click here for more information.
Published on 11 March 2020: Representations received during consultation on the Annual Monitoring Report (which closed on 9 March 2020) are available here.
Published on 14 February 2020: The Inspector's Post-Hearings Letter for the Woking Site Allocations Development Plan Document is available here.
Published on 14 February 2020: The Council’s latest Annual Monitoring Report was published on 19 December 2019, following the closure of the Examination hearings. In his Post-Hearings Letter (ID10) (at paragraph 3) the appointed Inspector indicated that he would be taking this document into account in his Examination of the SADPD; however, as it was not subject to discussion at the hearings he is minded to receive written representations on it. To this end, the Inspector would welcome any written representations specifically on the latest version of the Annual Monitoring Report by 1700 hrs on Monday 9 March, which should be submitted to Chris Banks (The Programme Officer)
C/O Banks Solutions
64 Lavinia Way
Please note that any submissions made as part of this process will be made available on the Examination website in the usual way. The preference would be for representations to be sent electronically by email.
Published on 27 November 2019: The agendas for hearing sessions week commencing 2 December, Tuesday to Thursday, have been published below under 'Planning Inspector Documents'. Further Statements from Representors have also been uploaded in a new section below.
Published on 11 November 2019: The following link sets out the approach to Local Plan examinations in the pre-election period. As a result, it is confirmed that the hearing timetable will continue as scheduled with the exception of the half day session on the 12th December which will be re-scheduled. The Inspector will make a decision on this, and the Programme Officer will inform all parties shortly. If you have any questions please contact the Programme Officer (details below).
The Inspector and Programme Officer
The Secretary of State has appointed an independent Inspector GJ Fort BA (Hons) PGDip LLM MCD MRTPI to conduct the examination. An independent Programme Officer, Mr Chris Banks, working under the Inspector's direction, has been appointed to be responsible for organising the programming and all procedural matters. The Hearings are scheduled to start on Tuesday 3rd December 2019 and are currently expected to last for around 6 days over 2 weeks. They will be held at the Council Chamber at Woking Civic Officers. Full details can be found in the letter below referenced PO/1.
Programme Officer Documents
- PO/1: Introductory Letter from the Programme Officer (8 October 2019)
Planning Inspector Documents
- ID/1: Preliminary Matters Arising (17 September 2019)
- ID/2: Procedure Guide for Local Plan Examinations (5th Edition, June 2019)
- ID/3: Additional Matter from Inspector (24 September 2019)
- ID/4: Matters, Issues and Questions to the Council (14 October 2019)
- ID/5: Inspector's Guidance Note (14 October 2019)
- ID/6: Provisional Hearings Programme (October 2019 version)
- ID/6A: Final Hearings Programme (Version 11, December 2019)
- ID/7: Inspector's Questions to Woking Borough Council regarding their Hearing Statements Reponse (21 November 2019)
- ID/8A: Agenda for hearing session Tuesday 3 December AM
- ID/8B: Agenda for hearing session Tuesday 3 December PM
- ID/8C: Agenda for hearing session Wednesday 4 December AM
- ID/8D: Agenda for hearing session Wednesday 4 December PM
- ID/8E: Agenda for hearing session Thursday 5 December
- ID/8F: Agenda for hearing session Tuesday 10 December
- ID/8G: Agenda for hearing session Wednesday 11 December AM
- ID/8H: Agenda for hearing session Wednesday 11 December PM
- ID/9: Woking Site Allocations Development Plan Document Hearings Closing Session and Inspector's Closing Remarks 11 December 2019
- ID/10: Woking Site Allocations Development Plan Document Post-Hearings Letter
- ID/11: Procedure Guide for Local Plan Examinations (7th Edition, March 2021)
- ID/12: Appeal decisions and other casework during the election period (March 2021)
Further Statements from Representors
Please click on the following link to access further representations on the Council's Annual Monitoring Report (Ref: WBC/SA/052):
Please click on the following link to access further statements from Representors to the Inspector's Matters, Issues and Questions (Ref: ID/4).
Woking Borough Council Documents
- WBC/SA/001: Draft Site Allocations DPD (Regulation 19 version, November 2018)
- WBC/SA/001A: Draft Site Allocations DPD Proposals Map (Regulation 19 version, November 2018)
- WBC/SA/001B: Draft Site Allocations DPD Proposals Map Insets (Regulation 19 version, November 2018)
- WBC/SA/002: Schedule of Proposed Modifications in response to the Regulation 19 Consultation
- WBC/SA/002A: Draft Site Allocations DPD (Regulation 19 version with proposed modifications, July 2019)
- WBC/SA/002B: Draft Site Allocations DPD Proposals Map with proposed modifications (July 2019)
- WBC/SA/002C: Draft Site Allocations DPD Proposals Map Insets with proposed modifications (July 2019)
- WBC/SA/003: Regulation 19 Consultation Issues and Matters Topic Paper: summary of key issues submitted, with Officers' response (Section 1); and summary of individual representations received with Officers' response and recommendations (Section 2)
- WBC/SA/004: Electronic database of representations made at Regulation 19 consultation stage
- WBC/SA/004A: Copies of original representations made at Regulation 19 consultation stage (redacted copies available to view at the Civic Offices, or online here, with a list of organisations here)
- WBC/SA/005: Sustainability Appraisal Report (Regulation 19 version)
- WBC/SA/005A: Sustainability Appraisal Report Appendix 11 (Regulation 19 version)
- WBC/SA/005B: Sustainability Appraisal Report Appendix 12 (Regulation 19 version)
- WBC/SA/005C: Sustainability Appraisal Report Executive Summary (Regulation 19 version)
- WBC/SA/006: Habitats Regulations Assessment (AECOM)
- WBC/SA/007: Equality Impact Assessment
- WBC/SA/008: Consultation Statement (Statement under Regulation 22(1)(c))
- WBC/SA/009: Statement of Compliance with the Duty to Cooperate ('Duty to Cooperate Statement')
- WBC/SA/010: Regulation 17 Statement
- WBC/SA/011: Local Development Scheme
- WBC/SA/012: Statement of Community Involvement
- WBC/SA/013: Self-assessment of Tests of Soundness and Self-Assessment of Legal and Procedural Requirements
- WBC/SA/014: Draft Site Allocations DPD (Regulation 18 version)
- WBC/SA/015: Electronic database of representations made at Regulation 18 consultation stage
- WBC/SA/016: Draft Site Allocations DPD Response to key issues and matters submitted during the Regulation 18 consultation
- WBC/SA/017: Five Year Housing Land Supply Position Statement (September 2019)
- WBC/SA/018: Hook Heath Neighbourhood Plan (2015)
- WBC/SA/019: Pyrford Neighbourhood Plan (2017)
- WBC/SA/020: West Byfleet Neighbourhood Plan (2017)
- WBC/SA/021: Parking Standards Supplementary Planning Document (2018)
- WBC/SA/022: Climate Change Supplementary Planning Document (2013)
- WBC/SA/022A: Guidance Note on the Implementation of Housing Standards (2015)
- WBC/SA/023: Thames Basin Heaths SPA Avoidance Strategy (2010-2015
- WBC/SA/023A: SANG Assignment Schedule (last updated October 2019)
- WBC/SA/023B: Natural England Guidelines for the Creation of SANGs (2008)
- WBC/SA/023C: Thames Basin Heaths Special Protection Area Delivery Framework (2009)
- WBC/SA/024: Natural Woking Biodiversity and Green Infrastructure Strategy (2016)
- WBC/SA/024A: Natural Woking Supporting Information (2016)
- WBC/SA/025: Biodiversity Opportunity Areas: the basis for realising Surrey's ecological network (Surrey Nature Partnership, 2015)
- WBC/SA/026: Response to Inspector's Preliminary Matters (Ref. ID/1)
- WBC/SA/027: Woking Development Management Policies DPD (2016)
- WBC/SA/028: Surrey Minerals Plan Core Strategy (July 2011)
- WBC/SA/028A: Surrey Minerals Plan Core Strategy Appendices
- WBC/SA/028B: Surrey Minerals Plan - Review of Minerals and Waste Development Scheme 2014 (Annex 3)
- WBC/SA/028C: Surrey Minerals Plan Primary Aggregates Development Plan Document (July 2011) (supplementary to the Surrey Minerals Plan Core Strategy)
- WBC/SA/028D: Surrey Minerals Plan Primary Aggregates DPD Appendix 1
- WBC/SA/028E: Aggregates Recycling Joint Development Plan Document (February 2013) (supplementary to the Surrey Minerals Plan Core Strategy)
- WBC/SA/029: Saved policy NRM6 of the South East Regional Plan (2009)
WBC/SA/030: Statement by Historic England (October 2019)
WBC/SA/031: Statement by Natural England (October 2019)
WBC/SA/032: Statement of Common Ground with the Environment Agency (October 2019)
- WBC/SA/033: Woking Borough Council Hearing Statements Matters 1-6 in Response to Inspector's Matters, Issues and Questions (15 November 2019)
- WBC/SA/034: Joint Position Statement between Surrey County Council and Day Group Ltd (12 November 2019)
- WBC/SA/035: Additional information in response to Inspector's questions of 21.11.2019 (29 November 2019)
- WBC/SA/036: Byfleet and West Byfleet Bus Services (3 December 2019)
- WBC/SA/037: Supplementary Report to Council on the Review of the Core Strategy, regarding representations from Guildford, Waverley and Runnymede Borough Councils (18 October 2018)
- WBC/SA/038: Letter to Guildford Borough Council regarding the Review of the Core Strategy (22 November 2018)
- WBC/SA/039: Court of Appeal Judgement between Oxted Residential Ltd and Tandridge District Council (February 2016)
- WBC/SA/040: Court of Appeal Judgement between Gladman Development Ltd and Wokingham Borough Council (July 2014)
- WBC/SA/041: Woking Borough Council Affordable Housing Figures - further information supplied for the hearing session on 4 December 2019
- WBC/SA/042: Housing Infrastructure Fund - Bid Submitted to Government (December 2018)
- WBC/SA/042A: Housing Infrastructure Fund - Funding Allocation Information
- WBC/SA/042B: Housing Infrastructure Fund - WSP - Woking HIF Paramics Modelling - Tehnical Note 1.0 - Transport modelling by WSP to support the HIF bid (November 2018)
- WBC/SA/042C: A320 Consultation Proposal Map
- WBC/SA/042D: Map of Sites Unlocked by the HIF
- WBC/SA/043: Cycle Woking End of Programme Report (June 2011)
- WBC/SA/044: High Court Judgement between Compton Parish Council & Ors and Guildford Borough Council & Anor (December 2019)
- WBC/SA/045: Extract from Glossary of NPPF - Definition of Affordable Housing
- WBC/SA/046: Thameswey 'Earn Your Deposit' Scheme Leaflet
- WBC/SA/046A: Thameswey 'Earn Your Deposit' Scheme FAQs
- WBC/SA/047: Statement from Altitude regarding the Redevelopment of Sheer House (within Proposal Site UA42)
- WBC/SA/048: Guildford Local Plan - Inspector's Report (March 2019)
- WBC/SA/048A: Guildford Local Plan - Schedule of Main Modifications (Appendix to Inspector's Report)
- WBC/SA/049: Waverley Local Plan Part 1 - Inspector's Report (February 2018)
- WBC/SA/049A: Waverley Local Plan Part 1 - Schedule of Main Modifications (Appendix to Inspector's Report)
- WBC/SA/050: Court of Appeal Judgement between Waverley Borough Council and CPRE (October 2019)
- WBC/SA/051: Woking Borough Council's Closing Statement (11 December 2019)
- WBC/SA/052: Woking Borough Council Annual Monitoring Report 2018-2019
- WBC/SA/053: Statement of Common Ground- Housing Delivery within the West Surrey HMA
- WBC/SA/054: Council's response to representations received during consultation on the AMR
- WBC/SA/055: Suitable Alternative Natural Green Space Creation Guidelines (2008)
- WBC/SA/056: The Regional Strategy for the South East (Partial Revocation) Order (2013). Statutory Instruments 2013, No.427
- WBC/SA/057: Council's Response to the Summary of Main Issues Received During the Consultation on the Main Modifications to the Site Allocations DPD (February 2021)
- WBC/SA/058: Schedule of Proposed Further Modifications to the Regulation 19 consultation document arising from the Main Modifications Consultation (June 2021)
Additional supporting documents which are relevant to the preparation of the DPD, with their reference numbers for the purposes of Examination, can be downloaded below. Please note that some evidence base documents which the Inspector has requested separately are included in the list above, and do not therefore feature in the following list.