Draft Site Allocations DPD
Woking Borough Council has prepared its final draft of the Site Allocations Development Plan Document (DPD), which identifies land and allocates specific sites to enable the delivery of Woking Core Strategy (2012). The Site Allocations DPD also takes a long term strategic view of the future and safeguards land to meet future development needs beyond the present Core Strategy period (between 2027 and 2040).
Regulation 19 Consultation
The Council published its Site Allocations DPD and its accompanying Sustainability Appraisal Report, Habitats Regulations Assessment and Proposals Map for Regulation 19 consultation, also known as the pre-submission or publication consultation. This offered a final opportunity to submit representations before the Publication version of the DPD and supporting documents are submitted to the Secretary of State for Examination.
The consultation period for the DPD ran from 9am on Monday 5 November 2018 to 5pm on Monday 17 December 2018, and is now closed. For reference purposes, the following documents were subject to consultation:
- Site Allocations DPD - this allocates specific deliverable sites to enable the delivery of the development proposals of the Core Strategy.
- Sustainability Appraisal Report - this assesses the social, economic and environmental implications of the Site Allocations DPD. An Executive Summary of the SA Report has also been produced. Appendix 11 and Appendix 12 are separate documents.
- Habitats Regulations Assessment - this assesses the implications of the Site Allocations DPD on the European designated sites and species in the Borough.
- Proposals Map and Insets Map - the adopted Core Strategy Proposals Map (also known as a Policies Map) has been modified to illustrate the proposals in the Site Allocations DPD.
Printed versions of these documents are still available for inspection at the following venues:
- Woking Borough Council, Civic Offices, Gloucester Square, Woking GU21 6YL. Monday to Friday 9am - 4.45pm.
- Woking, Byfleet, West Byfleet and Knaphill libraries. Please see www.surreycc.gov.uk for addresses and opening times of the libraries.
Background Reference and Evidence Documents
Further documents are available for reference and clarification. The Council has not sought comments on these, but they provide useful supporting information. These include:
- All evidence base documents supporting the preparation of the Site Allocations DPD, including studies on infrastructure, Green Belt boundaries, transport, housing, the environment and employment. They can be found in the Research and Evidence Base section.
- Land to the east of Martyrs Lane Consultation Evidence Base (contains background information on the background consultation exercise from January - February 2017, including responses to all of the representations)
- Regulation 18 Evidence Base (contains background information, including the documentation from the Regulation 18 public consultation from June - July 2015).
Next Stages of the Process
Officers are now analysing the representations received, which will take several weeks. All duly made representations received together with the DPD and its supporting documents will then be submitted to the Secretary of State for Independent Examination. The appointed Inspector will review the documents and all representations and a date for the Examination will then be published once it is known. All respondents will be notified as per the Town and Country Planning (Local Planning) (England) Regulations 2012.
If you have any questions regarding the Site Allocations DPD or this consultation, please contact us in the following ways:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 01483 743871 for the Planning Policy Team.
Previous Stages of the Site Allocations DPD Preparation
The Council sought views on the draft Site Allocations DPD during two previous phases of public consultation - the 'Regulation 18' consultation, and consultation on Land to the east of Martyrs Lane. The comments received and the issues raised were summarised, and modifications made to the proposed publication version of the DPD, which is now subject to Regulation 19 consultation.
The consultation documents, including responses to all representations and earlier iterations of the draft Site Allocations DPD, Sustainability Appraisal Report and Habitat Regulations Assessment, can be found by clicking on the relevant link below:
- Consultation on land to the east of Martyrs Lane (January - February 2017)
- Regulation 18 consultation documents (June - July 2015)
The identification of sites for future development for the purposes of drafting the Site Allocations DPD is based on clear, up to date evidence about potential development land in the Borough. Examples include the Green Belt boundary review, Strategic Housing Land Availability Assessment (SHLAA) and the Employment Land Review. All of the evidence base can be found here.