The Woking Core Strategy was adopted by the Council on 25 October 2012. It can be viewed by clicking on the following links:
- Adopted version of the Core Strategy
- Proposals Map adopted alongside the Core Strategy
- The Statement of Adoption
The Core Strategy is the main document within the Council's Local Development Framework (LDF) and conforms to national planning policy. All other Development Plan Documents for the Borough must conform to the Core Strategy. The Core Strategy includes:
- a 'spatial vision' which sets out how Woking Borough will develop to 2027
- 13 strategic objectives for the Borough which focus on the key issues and challenges facing the area
- a delivery strategy for achieving those objectives, which sets out how much development is expected to happen, where and by what means
- clear arrangements for monitoring and delivery (see below).
The Core Strategy does not identify individual sites for development. This will be dealt with through the Site Allocations DPD at a later stage in the process.
Review of Woking Core Strategy
The Core Strategy has been reviewed in accordance with the revised National Planning Policy Framework (2018), Planning Policy Guidance and the Town and Country Planning (Local Planning) (England) Regulations 2012, as amended by the Town and Country Planning (Local Planning) (England) (Amendment) Regulations 2017. Officers have undertaken a thorough review and have concluded that there is no immediate need to modify it either in part or as a whole. Consequently, the Core Strategy continues to be considered up to date in providing the necessary strategic policy framework for managing development across the Borough. The reasons for arriving at this conclusion are set out in detail in the review. The review was approved by Council for publication at its meeting on 18 October 2018.
Monitoring and Delivery
The Council monitors the progress made on the preparation and implementation of the Local Development Framework through an Annual Monitoring Report (AMR). This is published in December each year and reports on the year ending 31 March. The latest AMRs can be found here.
Paper Copies of the Core Strategy
A paper copy can be purchased at a charge of £30.00. There are a number of ways to pay for Council services - all of the options are available here.
To view the evidence base documents and Annual Monitoring Reports, please visit the Council's main website.