The Woking Core Strategy was adopted by the Council on 25 October 2012. It can be viewed by clicking on the following links:
- Adopted version of the Core Strategy
- Proposals Map adopted alongside the Core Strategy
- The Statement of Adoption
The Core Strategy is the main document within the Council's Local Development Framework (LDF) and conforms to national planning policy. All other Development Plan Documents for the Borough must conform to the Core Strategy. The Core Strategy includes:
- a 'spatial vision' which sets out how Woking Borough will develop to 2027
- 13 strategic objectives for the Borough which focus on the key issues and challenges facing the area
- a delivery strategy for achieving those objectives, which sets out how much development is expected to happen, where and by what means
- clear arrangements for monitoring and delivery.
The Core Strategy does not identify individual sites for development. This will be dealt with through the Site Allocations DPD at a later stage in the process.
Paper Copies of the Core Strategy
A paper copy can be purchased at a charge of £30.00. There are a number of ways to pay for Council services - all of the options are available here.
To view the evidence base documents and Annual Monitoring Reports, please visit the Council's main website.